Tuesday, August 3, 2010

SPEAK TO MY HEART TUESDAY'S

Well today what spoke to my heart was lots of things but the one stood out the most was being able to encourage a group of ladies in their homeschooling .......I am so not a pro veteran... maybe a veteran but still much to learn myself. I know most want one easy answer to grasp on to and you see there is not one answer every families teaching type, style, curriculum are ALL so different and it really isnt something we can carbon copy there is no mold to follow. Children are also ALL so very different and what works for one family may not work for other's and that is ok it really is. I just read somewhere that when kids are younger Primary(pre-school - second grade) and elementary (third- sixth) are the years they are sponges and should be taught the basics and begin to master some areas more than other's ... we as their mom's have the opportunity to see where they may be gifted in more and steer them in those directions. For instance our Matthew is a computer geek like his dad he is also looking at wanting to do this for a living so we as parents know this and make sure we are more concerned with this areas and not as concerned with others we do it yet not stress over it. Noah wants to be a worship leader / youth Pastor so we focus on things he will need to steer him in that direction and so on for my older three Ian really believes he is called to be a Pastor so we steer him heavily in God's word People skills and other beneficial things for that calling not forsaking other studies PLEASE dont get me wrong however just not stressing over them. Mom's my advice and encouragement is to not mold yourselves after what your girlfriends are doing we ARE NOT TO TRY TO KEEP UP WITH SO AND SO'S CLASSROOM or style but be encouraged that we are all different with different needs and that is ok...............I want to encourage you to do what the Lord speaks to your heart the heart of YOUR FAMILY not the Jones' Family who says they even know what their doing is right when we try to keep up with the Jones' it usually brings destruction so I encourage you to pray for your families LESSON PLANS and then encourage others in their journey too I also really recommend being involved in a homeschool group it really is IMPORTANT!!! God bless you in your 2010-2011 homeschool year!!
Until Next Time,
In His Grip,
Cindy

No comments:

My New Book I am currently reading by Favorite blog sister Ann Voskamp

My New Book I am currently reading by Favorite blog sister Ann Voskamp
Best Book of the Year This dear sister in the Lord writes with such eloquence I cant even put the book down it becomes so REAL for me the pages come to life! This is a MUST read!!

Mel and I at one of the scrapbook weekends at church!!!

Mel and I at one of the scrapbook weekends at church!!!
I love ya sis!!!

My Playlist