Monday, August 2, 2010

SPEAK TO MY HEART MONDAY'S

SO SORRY FOR THE LACK OF POST .....the end of my week got crazy busy but it is all Good!!
Today's thru the word was 1 John 4-5 now this was good however another part of my personal study time stood out to me it is found in Psalm 34:8-10:

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good; Blessed is the man who trusts in Him! Oh fear the Lord, you His saints! There is no want to those who fear Him. The young lions lack and suffer hunger, But those who seek the Lord shall NOT lack any good thing. "

Oh taste and see the Lord is good ....just dig in His Word today and taste and see the goodness He really is here for each of us with our many different needs He is here for us wanting to meet each of those needs through His word all we need is found in the pages of scripture.
Blessed is the man who trusts Him.....blessed(happy, fortunate, to be envied) no matter what the road may look like dark and weary or lit up and amazing we must TRUST Him and in doing so we will be blessed His word says so.
Oh fear the Lord...... this means to revere and worship Him for there is no want to those who truly revere and worship Him with godly fear. So for me this morning I have been encouraged and wanted to pass that encouragement on to you....May we taste and see God's GOODNESS all around today not focusing on any circumstances today but His goodness, may we TRUST ALL He puts in our path may we revere and worship the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, may we seek long and hard after God and trust that in doing so we shall lack nothing!!


Cindy's Mom Moment's:

"Principles of Obedience"

Have any of you found yourselves at one time saying to your children if you do this or that Mommy (or daddy) will get you a treat!!! Yep yikes I have to admit I have said those words several times and this is bribing parents and NOT effective parenting the way GOD would have us parent. God's word is clear "CHILDREN OBEY YOUR PARENT'S IN ALL THINGS FOR THIS IS WELL PLEASING TO THE LORD." Col. 3:20 doesn't instruct them to obey if they get something yikes ouch. God's word says the following on Bribes:
"Do NOT accept a bribe, for a bribe blinds those who see and twists the words of the righteous."
Exodus 23:8
"For the Lord your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great God, mighty and awesome, who shows no partiality and accepts no bribes." Deut. 10:17
"Do not accept a bribe, for a bribe blinds the eyes of the wise and twists the words of the righteous." Deut. 16:19
So there we have it the Lord does not want us bribing our children we need to teach them to OBEY NO MATTER WHAT and in our home this is what we follow;
OBEDIENCE MEANS:
IMMEDIATLY
COMPLETELY
AND JOYFULLY NO TREATS INVOLVED
now I am not saying we can NEVER give children treats I am saying a treat should NOT be given in return for an obedient child our kids need to be taught we obey God and His Word no matter what.
God Bless and Until next time God Bless,
In His Grip,
Cindy

No comments:

My New Book I am currently reading by Favorite blog sister Ann Voskamp

My New Book I am currently reading by Favorite blog sister Ann Voskamp
Best Book of the Year This dear sister in the Lord writes with such eloquence I cant even put the book down it becomes so REAL for me the pages come to life! This is a MUST read!!

Mel and I at one of the scrapbook weekends at church!!!

Mel and I at one of the scrapbook weekends at church!!!
I love ya sis!!!

My Playlist