Monday, July 27, 2009

1 Peter Chapter 2 and 3 Thru the Word

Good afternoon friends,
I want to say regarding my blog entitled "ACCEPTANCE" my intent was not to be harsh but to bring awarness of just how hurtful our very actions can be to those around us and as the song by "Casting Crowns" says : the girls teasing laughing and their laughter is doing damage farther than they know ...... we really need to realize the damage our mouths can have on another's life. It seems to be VERY important to the Lord not speaking evil of another and LOVING ALL TREATING THOSE AS WE WOULD WANT TO BE TREATED even those different, the unlovable, ALL. In today's verses we see these things yet again:
verse 1 of 1 Peter chapter one starts off saying: therefore laying aside ALL malice, ALL deceit, HYPOCRICY, ENVY, AND ALL EVIL SPEAKING, VERSE 17 says: "HONOR ALL people. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the King. We now come to 1 Peter ch. 3 and in verse 8 we see again the love we are to have: FINALLY,
ALL of you be of one mind, having compassion for one another; LOVE AS BROTHER'S, BEING TENDERHEARTED, BE COURTEOUS; NOT RETURNING EVIL
FOR EVIL OR REVILING FOR REVILING BUT ON THE CONTRARY BLESSING, KNOWING THAT YOU (WE) ARE CALLED TO THIS, THAT YOU MAY INHERIT A BLESSING.
MY HUSBANDS BIBLE HAS THIS TO SAY ABOUT VERSE 8 OF 1 Peter
Peter lists five KEY elements that SHOULD characterize any group of believer's:
(1) "HARMONY" ("of one mind") -pursuing the SAME GOALS
(2) "COMPASSION" - being responsive to each others' needs
(3) "LOVE" - SEEING AND TREATING each other as brothers and sisters
(4) "TENDERHEARTED" - being affectionately sensitive and caring
(5) "COURTEOUS" - being WILLING to encourage one another and rejoice in each others' successes. these five qualities go a long way toward helping believers serve God effectively.
So today I myself am encouraged to live my life as a mirror of Christ... will I fail yes I am sure however I am determined to live my life in Harmony, with compassion, love, being tenderhearted and courteous to ALL that the Lord brings me in contact with. I am encouraged to train my children to do the same and the IMPORTANCE BEHIND DOING SO. Friends I am
only sharing this to encourage us ALL (again self included) to "keep our tongue from (ALL) EVIL" Psalm 34:13 and today's verse "let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips from speaking deceit. " 1 Peter 3:10 verse 11 " Let him turn away from evil and do good,"
may we turn from ALL EVIL and do good so our Father in Heaven may be glorified truly living a life SET APART from this fallen wicked world we live in.
Father I thank you for your word that we so often take for granted even being able to freely read our bible and in public no less. Father praise you for your basic instructions before leaving earth may we follow them being a mirror of you to all whom look upon our lives. May we do our VERY best to always live in harmony to those in our lives being compassionate LOVING ALL having tender hearts and always being courteous to those around us keeping our tongues from all evil that we may bring you glory and honor in Jesus name amen and amen.

until next time,
cindy

No comments:

My New Book I am currently reading by Favorite blog sister Ann Voskamp

My New Book I am currently reading by Favorite blog sister Ann Voskamp
Best Book of the Year This dear sister in the Lord writes with such eloquence I cant even put the book down it becomes so REAL for me the pages come to life! This is a MUST read!!

Mel and I at one of the scrapbook weekends at church!!!

Mel and I at one of the scrapbook weekends at church!!!
I love ya sis!!!

My Playlist