Sunday, July 13, 2008

Being Still Before The King

Hello my blog Friends,
I pray you are all blessed and doing well. I have felt led to share on something the Lord has been shareing with me over last few months about Friendships and the most important one being that with the Lord Himself. I have recently had a conversation with a sister in Christ she shared with me that she was feeling isolated and not really being called much by her friends and feeling lonely.......... I shared with her that I have felt this way often and in fact alot of us do and until now I have not really been able to put my finger on it then the Lord spoke to my heart so this is what I have shared :
I came across a devotion one day in which the Lord used to spell it out to me it's title was this: "HAVE YOU EVER FELT GOD CALLING YOU TO BE STILL BEFORE HIM"? Well as I have prayed about this myself in the times I have struggled with this I have learned a few things the first one being that in these times I have needed to connect with the Lord in such a personal and deep way as He gently called me unto Him to deepen my relationship with Him and if I was busy with friends and relying on friends to fill the gap He cant work we cant get that deep personal relationship He wants for us. See in these times He calls us in silence to BE STILL TO HEAR HIS STILL SMALL VOICE this is when He takes us to a place of just being Him and I as He beckons me to step into a deeper level of intimacy and trust in Him alone and not relying on those friends to answer my every need. During these quiet times before the Lord we need to hear his still small voice not that of others and in these times He matures us in our faith, broadens our trust in Him alone, and He reveals intimate treasures from His heart to our's. It is an awesome time as we sit just before Him and hear only from Him. The Lord has recently showed me that in these times He was trying to speak to me and unless I was all alone and not keeping busy with friendships I may not have heard His still small voice and He was tenderly lifting my head so I may fix my eyes upon Him alone . Now dont get me wrong I do still go to hubby for counsel and my sister's in the Lord to pray on my behalf and I am very thankful for my hubby and my friend's however I know now that as God calls me to be still before Him and I have those queit weeks with no people calling and no lunch dates with the gals that I still need to choose to step forward to seek after Him to go hang out with Jesus cause no one can do that for me not hubby or friends He then reminds me to look to HIM ALONE , AND NOT TO PEOPLE TO FILL MY NEEDS !!! He also has shown me that when I spend that one on one friend time with Him alone I am more likely to face my pride and secret sins then with hubby and friends, we tend to argue these things away and look great and appear joyful even when not but when we are alone with Jesus we face ourselves and the cleaning and purification will take place. I think we tend to place to much of our thoughts on what our friends are thinking and over thinking what we have done wrong or are they even really our friends when we do go thru the quiet times not realizing that the Lord has us in those still moments for a reason so I pray when we find ourselves in those seasons of being still we would not listen to the enemy however go to our prayer closets and seek what the Lord would have us to hear from Him at that time. Now those of you who know me know my circle of friends are VERY IMPORTANT TO ME and I am blessed they are in my life however the Lord has been teaching me this last year in a half especially that He alone is my first friend , my best friend the one and only one who is 100% faithful, 100% trustworthy, 100% flawless, 100% selfless,
and 100% loving and 100% will NEVER LET US DOWN we wont find that in anyone else, thank you Jesus for your amazing love and friendship. I now welcome these still QUIET times and try to remember how precious these seasons are in my walk with Him as He matures me in my faith and reveals more of Himself to me and He wants to do that with us all so the Next time you find yourself in this season welcome it and allow Him to be your bestest friend ever......................

Dear Father above I love you Lord I lift this up to you now I pray as people read this blog YOU have placed on my heart it may bless someone as this being revealed to me has blessed me , I pray we welcome these times of silence and truly seek what you are trying to speak to us I pray we will treasure the times you do allow us to spend with our sister's in the Lord and be thankful for those times I pray we only try to meet our needs thru you and not thru are friends because we know that
we will let each other down we are all sinners saved by grace and are all still works in progress I pray we may all realize this so that we may not be hindered in our relationships you have placed before us Lord thank you for the insight you give us and may you continue to chizel away at all of us purifying us and making us more Christ like and less flesh like it is in YOUR NAME I PRAY AMEN
Until next time may the Lord richly Bless each one of you,
Love,Cindy

2 comments:

mel4christ said...

I love it! Good stuff! There is absolutely no substitute for Jesus. He is all and in all! Amen and hallelujah! We are blessed to have those friendships and even more blessed to have a Saviour. How did the baptism go? Praise the Lord for that too!!!

Unknown said...

Hmmmm!!! Good morning!! Yes, I am still awake, first night on not having to go to bed early. PTL!!!!! Anywhoo!! Your blog really ministered to my heart. I struggled a lot with being lonely and having a pity party. But you explained it so well, that in those times of lonliness (so we think) we need to accept them and enjoy the friendship with the Lord. If I only really knew this when I was going threw those times. Well you've shed some light on my dark areas. And thank you!!! That was totally God's blessing and doing!!Thank you Lord!

Thank you for Cindy Lord, thank you for her obeidence for you and her example. Continue to lead, guide and direct her. In the mighty name of Jesus...Amen!!!

God bless you sister!!!
Adrienne

My New Book I am currently reading by Favorite blog sister Ann Voskamp

My New Book I am currently reading by Favorite blog sister Ann Voskamp
Best Book of the Year This dear sister in the Lord writes with such eloquence I cant even put the book down it becomes so REAL for me the pages come to life! This is a MUST read!!

Mel and I at one of the scrapbook weekends at church!!!

Mel and I at one of the scrapbook weekends at church!!!
I love ya sis!!!

My Playlist