Thursday, May 14, 2009

Adjusting to God's Plan ........and not my own!!

MATTHEW 4:18-22
19 "Then He said to them,"Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." 20 They immediately left their nets and followed Him.

Wow no questions asked they just dropped their nets and followed .......so WHY cant I follow Him when he asks me to???? I will in time however it isnt immediately as did the men in these verses. The Lord has in the last few months asked me to do some things in which have been rather challenging however I am learning to adjust to His plan you see the Lord doesn't change His plan to suit me or my purposes instead however He asks of me (and you) to align our lives to His will alone. The Lord has asked of me to modify or change the way my family has done something for over 10 years now and this has been taxing to say the least however I do know I am to trust and obey even when it makes no sense what He is asking. Saying yes to Him has meant seeing friends and being social less frequently and being home bound more often which all that know me know this is VERY HARD for me to do. I do know however that in trusting Him and obeying Him He promises a great return on any sacrifice we make(Matt. 19:29) I know God's plan is the best plan so why the hesitation well change is hard I think even harder when you really dont expect it you know......However I do know that I know God's plan's for my family is based upon His goodness and Love and Mercy for us. I love the song Trust and Obey the lyrics that say:
Trust and obey , for there's no other way To be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey. Lord may I trust and obey as you carry me through another season in life.
I shall meditate upon these comforting verses:
"TRUST IN THE LORD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND LEAN NOT ON YOUR OWN UNDERSTANDING; IN ALL YOUR WAYS ACKNOWLEDGE HIM, AND HE SHALL DIRECT YOUR PATHS. Proverbs 3:5-6

Father I thank you so much for the changes you bring and though hard and I have found our most recent changes to be difficult I know you are in control and are growing us and molding us making our family into the family Of God in which you see fit. Father give me strength to trust and obey and to shut out all outside advise and opinions and only focus on your still small voice in all our upcoming decisions in which need to be made Father I ask you to guide, direct, and protect my family and may we adapt to any and all changes you send our way In Jesus Name Amen

Until Next time,
Cindy

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Oh, that it would be easier to just get up, trust and obey! Yet, it's so great when we do. Praying that God continues to bless your willingness to implement big changes in your life :) I regret that I couldn't really stop & talk more that last Sunday as church was starting - but glad I can see what's going on with you here! Happy Friday & have a great weekend! Kristin

My New Book I am currently reading by Favorite blog sister Ann Voskamp

My New Book I am currently reading by Favorite blog sister Ann Voskamp
Best Book of the Year This dear sister in the Lord writes with such eloquence I cant even put the book down it becomes so REAL for me the pages come to life! This is a MUST read!!

Mel and I at one of the scrapbook weekends at church!!!

Mel and I at one of the scrapbook weekends at church!!!
I love ya sis!!!

My Playlist