Saturday, May 16, 2009

Created to be His Help Meet!!!!

Hello my blog friends ..... as I posted a few days back I am now reading a great book called "Created to be His Help Meet" Chapter One is titled "God's Gift" :
A wise woman doesn't take anything for granted. She is thankful to be loved and seeks to make herself more lovely.
It is a gift to be a Help Meet AND TO BE BLESSED WITH A HUSBAND for that I am thankful.
God gave Adam the most precious gift a man can receive - a woman. "And the Lord God said, It
is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a help meet for him." (Gen. 2:18)
"Brought her unto the man" (Gen. 2:22) " Whoso findeth a wife findetha good thing, and obtaineth favour of the Lord" (Proverbs 18:22)
We as wives were created to fill a need, and in that capacity you are a "good thing" a helper suited to the needs of a man. Gals when we are the help meet to our husbands as we are called to be we are also a helper to Christ doing as we were created as a wife to do. "A virtuous woman is a crown to her husband" (Proverbs 12:4)
Our divine calling as wives is not that of how the world views women as doing just as the man does our roles however are to come alongside our men and help them to do the job God has created them to do loving and respecting him as he is.
In this book there is a "TIME TO CONSIDER" section almost like the Love Dare has challenges and work to do. In today's it says let's get Serious with God locate in the word the following traits/words as they relate to women of God and ask God to work each of these attributes into your character:
1) Virtue
2)Graciousness
3)Wisdom
4)Prudence
5)Goodness
It goes on to say a Good Help Meet has a Passion to be in service, Our first calling (outside of God) is to be in service to our husbands, then our children, and WHEN TIME AFFORDS,her passion of service will spill over into serving others.
Father, thank you for my husband in which you have blessed me with going on 12 years married 13 together Praise God.....Lord I ask you to work each of the mentioned attributes out in my character as well making me a Godly help meet that would build my husband up and not tear him down.FATHER GOD please place in my heart that servant's heart toward my husband ,that I might reach out to him in Love and not in flesh and help me to remember it is only by YOUR loving grace I AM EVEN SAVED and Father please continue to strengthen our marriage and help me to make the changes I need to make rather than pointing out his changes I am called to be his Help Meet NOT HIS HOLY SPIRIT.............. Father bless all whom come across my blog in Jesus Name Amen
Until Next Time,
Faithfully Serving God,
Cindy Bolt

1 comment:

Becky said...

Loved this Cindy! Yes, we should be good wives to our husbands:) and submit to them in everything, as unto the Lord.
(Unless there is a sin involved of course...we should not obey our husbands at the expense of sinning or going against God's commands...that would not be right)
But, we need to be gentle in everything!
Right now I'm reading "The Excellent Wife" by Martha Peace.
But, the best book is the BIBLE of course!!!
Remember we are serving the Lord by being nice and submissive wives:)
Loved the post Cindy!
Have a good day...
Becky

My New Book I am currently reading by Favorite blog sister Ann Voskamp

My New Book I am currently reading by Favorite blog sister Ann Voskamp
Best Book of the Year This dear sister in the Lord writes with such eloquence I cant even put the book down it becomes so REAL for me the pages come to life! This is a MUST read!!

Mel and I at one of the scrapbook weekends at church!!!

Mel and I at one of the scrapbook weekends at church!!!
I love ya sis!!!

My Playlist