Thursday, April 16, 2009

Day 28 and 29!!!!

Day 28 "Love makes Sacrifices" Jesus laid down His life for us, we should then also lay down our lives for our brothers (husbands) we see this in 1 John 3:16

Well as you can see I have bunched two days up today's and yesterday's I was unable to post yesterday however I did do the Dare and needed to share in order so here it goes :
Yesterday's dare was making sacrifices for our mates because true Love makes sacrifices even when our mates may be having awful days and stresses that with their words of personal accusations, love shows compassion rather than becoming defensive making matters escalate I have to say I am guilty of this it is hard when we have our bad days and they have their bad days yet we must not repay evil for evil so to speak. This is where the sacrifice needs to begin we choose to sacrifice our mood to love them no matter what or how our day has been greet them with loving open arms when they walk in from the daily grind of being in this awful world. We need to make sure we dont greet them with the trouble of the day right when we see them there is a time and place for this. Instead we need to pray that the Lord will make us sensitive to the needs of our mates not our own needs.
IS OUR MATE " HUNGRY" - NEEDING YOU SEXUALLY, EVEN WHEN YOU DONT FEEL LIKE IT?

ARE THEY "THIRSTY" - CRAVING THE TIME AND ATTENTION YOU SEEM ABLE TO GIVE EVERYONE ELSE?

DOES HE FEEL LIKE A "STRANGER" - INSECURE IN HIS WORK, NEEDING HOME TO BE A REFUGE AND SANCTUARY?

IS HE "NAKED" -FRIGHTENED OR ASHAMED , DESPERATE FOR THE WARM COVERING OF YOUR LOVING AFFIRMATION ?

IS HE FEELING "SICK" - PHYSICALLY TIRED AND NEEDING YOU TO HELP GUARD HIM FROM INTERRUPTIONS??

dOES HE FEEL IN "PRISON" -FEARFUL AND DEPRESSED , NEEDING SOME SAFETY AND INTERVENTION??
LOVE is willing to make these sacrifices to see that the needs of our spouse are given our very best effort and focus setting our needs aside to bless him instead when we do this we our blessed
by the Lord and the fruit of this will show maybe not right away but it will soon.
So ask yourself what is one of your spouses greatest need and meet it today if possible.

So I cannot share all areas I have sacrificed or am however I can share a very simple one in which I did yesterday that was blessed. Well let me take you back I am excited to see each day in the Love Dare book so I tend to browse through the next days the night before so Tuesday
night I looked a little bit into yesterday's (day 28 the one I am sharing now)about sacrifices and the Lord laid on my heart to ask my hubby a simple odd question about how he likes my hair I know it is my hair yet I also like to make myself attractive for my hubby so in the past I would grill him so you like my hair blonde uh or darker well if your not happy find someone who makes you happy (I know right awful I cant believe I shared this ugly moment however I did it) so needless to say you can understand his hesitation to answer a loaded question only this time my whole way of asking was soft and approachable so he said you really want my honest opinion and I said yes of course so he said ok PLEASE DONT CUT IT I LOVE IT LONG I said oh I dont want to cut just trim and I was going to color it darker again it is almost time (I know seems I do it every other week right lol) so he said oh WELL can you not do it dark and this is when in the past I would lose it and say OH SO YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAH, BLAH , BLAH (POOR HUBBY)
but I thought to myself oh yes Lord sacrifice lay my desire aside for his so what is your fav look for me well we got some pictures out and he showed me and I said oh ok cool that is awesome he was so shocked and wondered if I was feeling ok so it was great then we cuddled and went to sleep which brings me to yesterday I trimmed my hair and had the lighter color put in and presto he came home and to his surprise I had sacrifised what I wanted and did what he liked even though I had no intentions on doing it because it is high maintanace with lots of up keep but because I did it with a happy joyful willing heart for him the Lord blessed me and it came out better than ever before I am happy with it and more importantly he is VERY happy with it so Praise the Lord ..........................................................

ok sheeeeeeeeeeeeeewwww this is long now today DAY 29 "Love's Motivation"
Love motivated by mere duty cannot hold out for very long. And love that is only motivated by favorable conditions can never be assured of sufficient oxygen to keep it breathing. Only love that is lifted up as an offering to God - returned to Him in gratitude for all He's done- is able to sustain itself when all other reasons have lost their ability to energize us.
Love that has God as its primary focus is unlimited in the heights it can contain.

May we be motivated to love not as man loves (the world's way) but may we be motivated by our maker to Love the way Jesus loved "UNCONDITIONALLY" PUTTING OUR NEEDS ASIDE AND MEETING HIS. Well the thing I learned in today's devotion is we should not be motivated by anything else but our need to obey the Lord and in that should be our only motivation to love unconditionally and to NOT be motivated in order to ourselves recieve anything in return.
Father may you please keep us focused on the prize which is our treasures in heaven not being
comfy cozy here on earth at all times may we seek to make our mates cozy and loved and may we just see the fruits of our labor and rely on you alone to meet our every need when our mate just may not be able to meet our needs this side of heaven. Father may our love know no bounds and may it be given abundantly to all those around us In Jesus Name Amen.........

Until Next time,
Cindy

No comments:

My New Book I am currently reading by Favorite blog sister Ann Voskamp

My New Book I am currently reading by Favorite blog sister Ann Voskamp
Best Book of the Year This dear sister in the Lord writes with such eloquence I cant even put the book down it becomes so REAL for me the pages come to life! This is a MUST read!!

Mel and I at one of the scrapbook weekends at church!!!

Mel and I at one of the scrapbook weekends at church!!!
I love ya sis!!!

My Playlist