Saturday, January 14, 2012

Words that fall from our mouths............

Word's are powerful they have the ability to bring life or bring death, God's Word says the tongue is sharper than any two edged sword wow powerful right. Water and Words our easy to pour out but impossible to recover - A Chinese Proverb so true is it not? As wise Woman of God we must realize that our words have the unique power to give hope where one is feeling hopeless, peace in a place of turmoil, and confidence to a fearful soul. May we as women speak words of Praise and Promise to those around us Words of truth not advise or opinions , Words that build up and NOT tear down. My goal is to speak words that minimize others shortcomings, AND SPEAK WORDS that MAXIMIZE other's strengths and encourage those around us to live life fully for Christ. True Friends see each other through the eyes of forgivness and grace.. is not that how CHrist sees us and are we not to be in The Image of God Himself?? We MUST learn to guard our critical tongues and negative thoughts scripture is clear on doing just that......

"FOR OUT OF THE OVERFLOW OF THE HEART THE MOUTH SPEAKS. THE GOOD MAN BRINGS GOOD THINGS OUT OF THE GOOD STORED UP IN HIM, AND THE EVIL MAN BRINGS EVIL THINGS OUT OF THE EVIL STORED UP IN HIM." (MATTHEW 12:34&35)

" DO NOT LET ANY UNWHOLESOME TALK COME OUT OF YOUR MOUTHS, BUT ONLY WHAT IS HELPFUL FOR BUILDING OTHER UP ACCORDING TO THEIR NEEDS, THAT IT MAY BENEFIT THOSE WHO LISTEN. (Ephesians 4:29)
Some Questions to ponder:
Do you find yourself focusing on the lack in others?
Do you weigh their weaknesses against your strengths?
When we speak what is flowing from our heart to the ears of those around us?
And may we remember (self so included) our words really do reveal the very truth of the attitude of our hearts.

Father I ask for forgivness in my own life where I myself have had critical thoughts and words or where what I have said has hurt or harmed anothers well being may you cleanse me of my selfish heart and help us all to listen more and say less may we see ALL others through YOUR eyes and not our flesh may we focus on peoples strengths and NOT their shortcomings for we ALL have them and we are ALL A "WORK IN PROGRESS" MAY THE WORDS that fall from our tongues be covered in love and grace in Jesus Holy name amen.

God Bless In His Amazing Grace,
Cindy

No comments:

My New Book I am currently reading by Favorite blog sister Ann Voskamp

My New Book I am currently reading by Favorite blog sister Ann Voskamp
Best Book of the Year This dear sister in the Lord writes with such eloquence I cant even put the book down it becomes so REAL for me the pages come to life! This is a MUST read!!

Mel and I at one of the scrapbook weekends at church!!!

Mel and I at one of the scrapbook weekends at church!!!
I love ya sis!!!

My Playlist