Friday, April 15, 2011

Easter 2011 Finding True Joy

Finding TRUE JOY is to see God's goodness! Do we see God's goodness and if we do why do we find our selves complaining and grumbling time after time. As I press Hard into the Word of God I wrestle I beg Him to show me His goodness as I find myself all around hurting non-joyful people I myself lack this joy most days why have I been consumed by the ways of this dark cold wicked world or is it the pure dark sin of selfishness. Is it both or have we forgotten to be a thankful people? I press deeper into the arms of Christ I am still in the quietness of an early morning when all is calm and still in my house as they lie asleep with no thoughts to a mom whom wrestles with God to find truth and answers to something I long for the TRUE JOY only found in a life with Christ. I am still HE answers Cindy it's all around you have busied yourself and have chosen not to see the many blessings I daily give His words pierce yet a convicting Truth I ask Him to show me He says look I look and I see it everywhere in the dark sky of an EARLY morning, with the lights that shine in the distance, the breeze that blows on a cool Spring morning, its in a child's laughter echoing from their rooms as they arise in the morning, it's in my aching bones that have just ran their hardest, it's in the body that lies reclined in this plush chair, it's in the whisper of a husband's early morning prayer's as he retrieves my coffee, it's for in the pleasure of enjoying that coffee, it's everywhere can you see it now Cindy ? I see it I cry I beg for forgivness for the selfish heart within. I am thankful I begin to do as a sister' blogger does I grab a bunch of post-it notes and begin the journey of thankful gratitude I place them all around the home everywhere to be reminded daily of all the many many blessings bestowed down upon my family and I cry I am so thankful. Feel thanks and it is impossible to be grumpy or feel angry it is hard to feel more than one emotion at a time so I choose (being thankful I get that choose) to be thankful JOYFUL which emotion will you choose today?? So as I have been searching my heart this "Lent" season He is teaching me to be a thankful person filled with Grace His Grace! I pray He will "Be thou always my vision, oh Lord of my heart" Thankful that God died for a wretch like me yes even me. One day when sin was as black as can be Jesus came to dwell among men like you and I His Word became flesh and the light shined among us Living He loved us, Dying He Saved us, Buried He carried our sins Far away Rising He justified Freely forever One day He's Coming OH Glorious Day isnt' that enough in and of itself to be oh so very thankful for HE Died on a cross nail scarred hands dripping with the blood that covers you and I if that doesnt make one thankful I pray! May we come before God cleansing our hearts this next week as we count down to Easter Matthew 5:8 says ; "God blesses those whose hearts are pure, for they will see God " o How I want to see God!!! Lord I am still filthy rags please continue to mold me and reshape these frayed edges of mine into the image and likeness of the Holy One!!! God Bless You as we prepare our hearts for Easter Sunday SEEK to cleanse those deep dark ugly places to find TRUE JOY ! Until Next Time, In His Amazing Grace, Cindy

No comments:

My New Book I am currently reading by Favorite blog sister Ann Voskamp

My New Book I am currently reading by Favorite blog sister Ann Voskamp
Best Book of the Year This dear sister in the Lord writes with such eloquence I cant even put the book down it becomes so REAL for me the pages come to life! This is a MUST read!!

Mel and I at one of the scrapbook weekends at church!!!

Mel and I at one of the scrapbook weekends at church!!!
I love ya sis!!!

My Playlist