Thursday, August 28, 2008

"STOP COMPARING"

Hello friend's,
I have to share something the Lord has placed on my heart with you all so bare with me please.
At a homeschool meeting I was at last week we were all in a time of prayer ......and a sweet lady was lifting up her prayers and something she said has stuck to me like glue on paper ever since;She asked the Lord "to please help us to not compare the way we homeschool our children and our school settings in our home to that of anyone else" and I sooooooooo agree we all do it from time to time however it is a deadly trap that can lead to sin. We as women especially tend to compare our homes, our children, our body image, our clothing, our husbands, our spiritual walks, yikes. The Lord is soooooo good because since this prayer I have pondered this and sure enough as I start our first week of school this week and we crack our Bible studies open one of the first scriptures to study this week is "THE LORD DOES NOT LOOK AT THE THINGS MAN LOOKS AT, A MAN LOOKS AT THE OUTWARD APPEARANCE, BUT THE LORD LOOKS
AT THE HEART." 1 SAMUEL 16:7

You see we look at peoples homes, and children, and the way one dresses, ones body size, how ones husband treats them in public, how one behaves themselves spiritually, however we only see the outside not the inner heart the part that matter's most to the Lord. Someone can appear to truely have it all together and be sad and lonely inside, or hurting deeply......... someone's homeschool room may be perfect however she may be lacking in teaching or who knows what else... so my prayer for each of us as women is that we would not be quick to judge or want what another has ,that we would embrace what the Heavenly Father has gifted us in and share those gifts with others.
The grass always looks greener on the otherside yet it "NEVER" is. I have to say from experience we should learn to love and embrace our side of the grass we would all be more joyful in doing so the grass only is greener on the otherside from a distance when we get closer we will start to see the patches of imperfections "we all have them". So for the homeschool mom's who read this .......as far as comparing our little kiddo's they are all so different each one that it is impossible to compare and each of us as Mother's should not compare one another's teaching styles as well, God has gifted many of us in many different area's and Praise God for that we can come together as one and share and help another along the way. I know some mom's whom their
classrooms at home look like a school house and maybe that works for them and their children
and if so awesome, I know others that feel they need to have it all put away, and other's who need a special room, while other's do it all at the kitchen table................. that is the beauty of homeschool whatever works for each "INVIVIDUAL" family is ok there is no right or wrong
or this way is better than that way it is all about how the Lord leads and what works and what doesn't work that's the simplicity of it all. May we all take heed to this scripture above and not judge the outer and embrace the differences the Lord has given each one of us. As for the body image of other's this is VERY TOUCHY SUBJECT you see we really have no idea what ones struggles are in this area and there are many so my best advice is to pray and only speak to someone if LORD LED and as far as marriages I have compared in passed and wished my husband was like such and suches husbands to later find out their marriage was nothing it appeared to be so remember outter image doesn't always appear to be the way the "HEART"
TRUELY IS. God bless you all!!!!

" Father how awesome it is Lord that you have given each of us uniqueness and variety, Father we thank you for the differences and different preferences that you have given us. Lord that you would make each of us not quite like another on the whole earth , Lord may we be pleased with our individualities as you are pleased dear Lord you have called each of us to be ourselves may we find joy today in being who we are in YOU not one of us is better than another no not one we are all just cracked pots and tarnished vessels Father will you continue to mold each of us in our differences to become more like you not one another. Father I ask you to help us all to be comfortable with ourselves and the one-of-a-kind design you have for each of us my Lord.
Help us Lord to accept our weaknesses as well as our strengths Lord help us to embrace our gifts as we embrace you Lord Knowing we are nothing without YOU Father thank you that each of us is special and unique in your eyes the only eyes in which it truely matter's the eyes of our KING.
IN JESUS NAME AMEN

UNTIL NEXT TIME.
God bless,
Cindy

5 comments:

mel4christ said...

That's just beautiful. I am so happy to see that you are off to a great start! I think it's wonderful that you have turned this into a ministry. God has done such great things for your children and it's super wonderful that you are sharing with others. May the rest of your year be overflowing with His power.

Mel

cindy said...

Praise God sis, it is all the Lord if anyone would have said you would be ministering to people through a blog I would have said;
"BLOG WHATS THAT"? LOL and to know I only knew how to check e-mails and get on internet before you know it is a God thing. Praise God that HE qualifies the called.
I pray this blog always blesses my sister's in Christ,
Love,
Cindy

Unknown said...

THanks Cindy,
I was totally convicted, good thing though. I have to confess that I have compared certain things, we all fall short of God's Glory. But this really ministered to my heart and made me rethink some things. Praise the Lord!!!!

May you be filled with his love,joy, peace and mercy today and forever!!!

In His Love,
Adrienne

Unknown said...

Love what you did to your site!! Looks cute. I got a facelift too, check my blog out. I'm soo silly!!

TTYS!!

In His Love,
Adrienne

Leslie said...

Cool layout. I just love them! Don't you? Have a blessed day.


In His love,
Leslie

My New Book I am currently reading by Favorite blog sister Ann Voskamp

My New Book I am currently reading by Favorite blog sister Ann Voskamp
Best Book of the Year This dear sister in the Lord writes with such eloquence I cant even put the book down it becomes so REAL for me the pages come to life! This is a MUST read!!

Mel and I at one of the scrapbook weekends at church!!!

Mel and I at one of the scrapbook weekends at church!!!
I love ya sis!!!

My Playlist