Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A Journey Like No Other!!

Hello to you all, as we continue this journey we call Motherhood I believe one of the most important things we need to be doing for our children is to be praying for them, & for their futures. There is power in prayer the Lord does mighty things through prayer. The Lord tells us in His very word to "Pray Without Ceasing" so it is important to be praying. I think alot of times we find ourselves only praying when a NEED arises which is ok but it is not the only time we should be praying. The Lord has really been convicting my heart to pray everyday for specific things for each of my children. The first thing above all else is their SALVATION this is the most important, then for the ones who are saved that their hearts may truely be penetrated by what they learn through His word and they would desire a close relationship with Jesus. Next we then pray for protection from the enemy who seeks to destroy our children, then for our children's relationships with others, one of the greatest influences in our children's lives will be their friends and role models so how can we not pray about this. What does God's word have to say about this ......." the rightous should choose his friends carefully, for the way of the wicked leads them astray." Proverbs 12:26 yikes . We also pray for each of their future spouses if that be the Lord's will for our children to marry. another thing we pray for is that the Lord would show each of our kiddo's what his or her God given talents and or gifts are and that they will use them for His kingdom and glory. these are just to name a few there our countless prayers there is never a lack of things to pray for however prayer is much more than giving a list of desires and requests to God..... Prayer is acknowledging and experiencing the very presence of God and inviting His presence into our lives and circumstances, its seeking the will of God and releasing the power of God which gives us the means to overcome any problem. When we pray, we bring that power to bear upon everything we are praying about and we allow the power of God to work through our weaknesses. when we do this we are humbling ourselves before God and saying I need your Power Lord. Praying not only affects us but it also reaches out and touches the lives of all those we pray for and that is awesome. James 5:16 says " The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous
man avails much" so I encourage you all today to start with a simple list and add to it as needed
but PRAY, PRAY, PRAY DAILY FOR THE FUTURE OF YOUR PRECIOUS GIFTS AND MAY IT DRAW YOU NEARER TO OUR LORD IN THE PROCESS!!!! GOD BLESS YOU MY FRIENDS !!!!!
IN HIS GRIP,
Cindy

No comments:

My New Book I am currently reading by Favorite blog sister Ann Voskamp

My New Book I am currently reading by Favorite blog sister Ann Voskamp
Best Book of the Year This dear sister in the Lord writes with such eloquence I cant even put the book down it becomes so REAL for me the pages come to life! This is a MUST read!!

Mel and I at one of the scrapbook weekends at church!!!

Mel and I at one of the scrapbook weekends at church!!!
I love ya sis!!!

My Playlist