Monday, April 28, 2008

DID WE PLAN ON A BIG FAMILY?????

WELL WHAT A QUESTION LET'S SEE NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! If someone were to tell Greg and I we would be homeschooling parents of 7 I think we would have past out lol!! In all seriousness I only have a younger sister and Greg has no siblings at all so this is very new for the both of us!In both sides of our families this is unheard of. Greg and I
were both raised in non-Christian homes which makes it even more challenging we really have to rely on the Lord for all we do and have made MANY mistakes along the way and will continue to make some I am sure,however with GOD all things are possible even raising a big family. Is it easy no we make many sacrifices yet who doesn't we trust in God to provide because we know He loves our kids even more than we do. We also believe the scripture that asures us He will not give us more than we can handle. WE all have a different story and thats what makes us so unique we all have challenges no matter the number of kiddo's we have been blessed with I do believe that we should all thank God for those blessings in our life and raise them in the ways of the Lord to the best of our abilities and when we fail humble ourselves and start again. I pray for each of our families big or small and I pray we will seek the Lord in how to raise our children for His Glory and in His ways not ours or others but what is best for our family and only God knows whats best for our precious families may God guide you in raising your kiddo's and may you be obedient to that calling amen!!

MOM'S BEFORE YOU FACE THE CHALLENGES OF YOUR DAY, FACE THE DAY WITH GOD, HE WILL HELP YOU TO MEET EACH OF THOSE CHALLENGES.

" I WILL INSTRUCT YOU AND TEACH YOU IN THE WAY YOU SHOULD GO; I WILL GUIDE YOU WITH MY EYE." PSALM 32:8

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Amen! I am finally getting it that if you don't put the Lord first, everything else fails. Today, I slipped a little and wasted time before my kids were awake. Thankfully I was still able to spend some time with the Lord. I will tell you though, it wasn't the same. Rushing through is never the way to spend time with HIM. I know at least I don't like it when a loved one tries to rush their time with me. So, we should never rush our time with our Father in Heaven. May the Lord bless you and your family. You are an inspiration.

In His grip (now I understand what this means),
Leslie

Unknown said...

Hey Cindy,
Thanks for sharing, I too have come from a family of 10 (total). I totally agree with you about the scrafices;being a child of a large family you have to give up many scrafices.Like not being able to have your own room, or sharing toys. But God is good, I don't know what I'd do without my family and without the Lord in my life.

In His Control,
Adrienne

My New Book I am currently reading by Favorite blog sister Ann Voskamp

My New Book I am currently reading by Favorite blog sister Ann Voskamp
Best Book of the Year This dear sister in the Lord writes with such eloquence I cant even put the book down it becomes so REAL for me the pages come to life! This is a MUST read!!

Mel and I at one of the scrapbook weekends at church!!!

Mel and I at one of the scrapbook weekends at church!!!
I love ya sis!!!

My Playlist